Tuesday, October 15, 2013

monday in the park

Yesterday was the 37th annual Tufts 10K for Women on Boston Common. And it was Dawn's first ever 6.2! It was a gorgeous day and we had a lot of fun running together, along with another great friend, Kirsten. I took my phone along to take some pics along the way as well as to alert Dawn's husband where we were and when we'd be getting to the finish line. Dawn planned for 12-15min miles, but ended up with 11:11min miles! She surprised herself! I am so proud of her and thankful for her friendship. It was a highlight to run together and see her accomplish a goal yesterday.

Another highlight was high-fiving Joan Benoit Samuelson at the finish - I may have cut off other runners to get over to her because I was SO excited to see her. She's pretty darn amazing...

Enjoy some photos from the awesome day:










No comments: