Wednesday, October 9, 2013

i'd be lying

I saw a post from Runner's World on Facebook yesterday that made me a little sad: #marathonmonth has begun!! It begins with the Chicago Marathon on Sunday and ends with the New York Marathon on Nov 3rd. There are lots and lots of marathons nationwide in between (and surely before and after, as well).

Why might this make me sad? Well, simply because I am not running one this fall. I was supposed to, but my lack of training had me (wisely) deciding not to. I see post after post of countdowns, taper madness, building excitement, and inspirational stories. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to be posting those as well.

I've waited to run NYC for three years. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sad to have to wait one more. All the excitement of Marathon Month always makes me wish I was running one in the fall, but then reality sets in - the reality of training through the long hot summer. On the flip side, training through the long(er) cold winter isn't the bee's knees either, but at least one doesn't have to get up at the crack of 5am to beat the weather on her days off...

So, I won't be running any marathons anytime soon, but I do have some fun races coming up. In fact, one of them is this coming Monday! The Tufts 10K for Women. Just how many women can fit on the Common? Yikes, we'll see... And of course, there's the Feaster Five on Thanksgiving Day. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited for that one! ;)

Also to note, the Insanity challenge is almost over! Just two and a half weeks to go. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't ready for a new workout routine and the chance to run outside more...


No comments: