Tuesday, September 16, 2014

i'm so glad it's fall

Don't get me wrong, I love summer. I love going to the beach, I love the hot sun on my face, I love tank tops and flip flops. But I don't love to run in the summer. The heat, the humidity, the getting up at the crack of dawn to try and beat both of those things... It is miserable. I'm not one to complain too much about that kind of stuff, but I really do dislike those three things - in regards to running.

So while part of me is miffed that it has turned so cool so quickly, part of me is doing a dance of joy inside. Today's run was after work; cool and cloudy. I noticed the small amount of people walking, running, and biking around the lake and thought to myself, "People, where are you?! You're missing the best weather!" But then I realized not everyone thinks cool and cloudy is the best time to be outside. Weirdos. ;)

I'm looking forward to a crisp, cool half marathon this Saturday. I love when the air is cool, but the sun is nice and bright, the sky is a brilliant blue, and the leaves have yet to fully turn. This is my very favorite time to run. And that's a good thing, too. Only 6 weeks to Marathon Day!!!

No comments: