Tuesday, October 21, 2014

random musings

12 Days - You guys, there's only 12 days until the NYC Marathon. 12. Days. I know what you're thinking, only 5 days until our photo countdown.

Sidewalks - Do you ever wonder why runners are on the roads when there are "perfectly good sidewalks" for them to use? Here's why - on a recent run I encountered a motorcycle parked completely on the sidewalk, a man raking leaves ONTO the sidewalk, multiple cars half parked in driveways covering the sidewalk. Not to mention breaks and cracks and holes under those beautiful fall leaves!

Eggs - I love, love, love eggs! Buuut, I ate eggs before my long run on Saturday. Not cool. By mile 4 I had an upset stomach. I should know by now not to eat eggs... Ended up with 9 miles and tacked on another 5 miles on Sunday.

Baystate Half Marathon - Well, my friend, Lauren, TOTALLY rocked this race. She not only hit her goal but beat it by at least a minute. I, on the other hand, TOTALLY forgot to register and ended up not running with her. Which I'm quite sure helped her out - I wouldn't have been able to keep up with her!!

Packing list - What am I going to wear?! What do I need to bring? How will I pack everything I'll need during my hours long wait in the start village into the clear bag they give us? Long sleeves? Sleeveless? Tights or capris? Colored shirt or black shirt? Where will my fuel go? I'm definitely going to be overpacked, but I think that's okay.

Retreating - This weekend, I'll be helping out at my church's middle school retreat. Me, 10 8th grade girls, and a cabin in the woods - along with another 120 people. Should be a really good time - it's been a reeeeally long time since I've been on a middle school retreat. I'm looking forward to getting little sleep and eating lots of candy.

No comments: