Thursday, October 23, 2014

ten days. ten. days.

Yeah, so I'm freaking out a little bit here... With only 10 days left before the big day, I'm starting to get nervous that I'm completely and utterly not ready for this race. I know what you're going to say, "Of course you are!" "You've trained so hard!" "You're in great shape!" But this is when the taper goonies get in my head and make me question everything I've done up until this point.

It doesn't help that I've not had a lot of time to train this week. Things have been pretty busy and I've not had much time for as many good workouts as I'd have liked. The ones I have made time for have been great, but...there's that nagging feeling that I'm not doing enough! And it doesn't help that I follow the TCS NYC Marathon on Facebook and they are posting countdown photos everyday:


Each day the butterflies in my stomach get bigger and bigger. I think I'm so freaked out by this marathon because it's SO BIG and there are SO MANY logistics. I was not this freaked out by Maine, or Louisville...

Well, for whatever reason, the anxious excitement is getting to me. But thankfully (unfortunately?), the ten days will go by in a snap. And the big day will be here, whether I'm ready or not.

No comments: