Tuesday, May 20, 2008

challenge: accepted

Challenges. Why do we accept them? Why do we want to take on something that we know we may fail at? I've been wondering about this the past few days as I think about the challenges I have ahead of me.

In June, I'll be heading to Trinidad with a group of students and leaders from my church. It is not going to be an easy trip. There are many things that are going on with the team (in and out of meetings) that are going to make this trip a challenge.

In October, I'm going to be running a half marathon. It's still 5 mos away and yet I'm questioning if I can do it.

So what's my reason for taking on challenges? Because I know that I can't do it alone and it is an opportunity for me to allow God to work thru me. I am not going to be able to make a dent in student's lives with out allowing God to work along side me. I can not run long distances with out giving Him the credit for giving my body the ability to do so.

I believe that we are called to take on challenges to force ourselves to rely on God. Without Him, we would fail miserably or just never try new things because we knew we'd not accomplish them. I'm trusting that God will be with me as we prepare and go to Trinidad and I believe that He is with me and giving me strength as I train for the major races I've set before myself.

I accept the challenges because I have God on my side, that is so cool.