Saturday, May 17, 2008

the pretty side and the ugly side

This was a very good week! I was able to get a run in every day but Tuesday and two of the days were the lake loop. Thursday and Friday I was able to get to the gym and ran 4mi and 5mi, respectively. Today I was going to go to the gym early with a friend and do an easy 2mi but my friend had to cancel so I reasoned that I'd already gotten my 20mi in for the week that I didn't have to do any more...

Well after doing some errands and attending a friend's bridal shower the weather had turned so nice that I couldn't pass up the chance to go out for some fresh air. Sunny and 70...perfect!

Here's the thing about the lake. There is a pretty side, with the water on one side and houses on the other and near the end of the loop is a beautiful green with a park and a gazebo... Then there is the ugly side, you can't see the lake, it's behind the neighborhoods and you're right on a main road (it's especially bad when trucks or buses go by, the exhaust is nasty!).

What has been happening lately is that the wind is at my back for the ugly side which I like to run first to get it over with so that by the time I get to the pretty side the wind is full on pushing against me. And that is one thing that I hate about running outside...the wind. And it seems that it's usually blowing the opposite way I'd like it to...

That all being said, it is still enjoyable to get out of the gym and take advantage of the wonderful day.

Mileage for the week: 24.2

No comments: