Tuesday, June 3, 2008

i'm baaaack!

So it's been two weeks. What have I been doing? Well, I took a week off over Memorial Day to visit some amazing friends in TX. It was a week full of fun, laughter, great conversation, sun, and daily trips to Sonic for half priced Blackberry Tea. I didn't get any miles in while I was gone, mainly because I was able to sleep in, hang out by the pool and just enjoy spending time with some very dear people. Some excuse, right?!

The second week that I didn't get out was pure laziness. I was totally wiped out from the trip and trying to catch up at work that I would simply crash when I got home. Also not a good excuse, right?!

But I'm back. I'm ready to get out and enjoy the nice weather that we've been having and start racking up some miles. I got three in yesterday. It was a nice easy run on the sweet trail in Lexington. Even though it was 80deg outside, the path is nicely shaded and it was perfect for my run. I'm hoping to get another 3 or 4 in tonight.

My goal for this week is 15mi.

No comments: