Wednesday, December 3, 2008

no judgement zone

I was back at the gym last night for a while. I ran another 3mi on the treadmill and spent another 25min on the eliptical to kill some time before hanging out with my friend.

While on the treadmill, I noticed a few things...

1. they are positioned so close together that when the gym is full, you can feel the rhythm of the people next to you.

2. The gym's slogan is the "no judgement zone" but I find I compare how fast or long or amt of calories burned with people around me...unless they cover up their panel with a towel (I need to do that...)

3. If you go too fast, you'll trip and fall on your treadmill. Now, I've never had this happen to me and I'd never seen it happen to anyone else until yesterday. This kid next to me (who, btw, was wearing too much cologne!) set the speed at 9! I don't know exactly how fast that is as I've never gone that fast but let's just say it was too fast for him as well. All of a sudden I heard this big clunk noise...turns out he tripped and had to grap the handles to right himself. I kind of chuckled inside...then quickly remembered this was the "no judgement zone" and stopped laughing, realizing that one day that could be me if I'm not careful...

That's all. Tonight is a night off from the gym as I'll be teaching at Middle School. Kinda nervous, kinda excited. Hoping that room will be the "no judgement zone" for the 10-15min I'll be teaching...

1 comment:

Mark said...

PF contricts itself.

Who cares about status? Buy the black card.