Friday, December 5, 2008

house of pain

On my ipod, I have two mixes that I usually work out to. They are full of fast, higher energy songs. Songs that motivate and *clap* pump ME up (Hanz and Franz, anyone?).

Anyway, it's been a while since I've listened to either of them in their entirety, I have forgotten some stuff that's on there. So I was surprised last night when I was almost finished with my workout when this song came on... "Jump Around" by House of Pain. Talk about a classic... We all know the chorus and how catchy that is...but have you ever listedned to the words of the verses? There is some great stuff in there!! Here are a couple of my fav lines:

Feel it, funk it
Amps it are junking
And I got more rhymes than there's cops that are dunking
Donuts shop

Word to your moms I came to drop bombs
I got more rhymes than the bible's got psalms
And just like the Prodigal Son I've returned
Anyone stepping to me you'll get burned

I mean, come on. That is good stuff. :)

Some of my other favs on the playlist are:

Standing Outside the Fire, Garth Brooks
Move Your Feet, Junior Senior
Old Time Rock and Roll, Bob Seger
I Can't be Bothered, Miranda Lambert
Eye of the Tiger, Survivor

And obviously, those are just a few. I will be creating new lists when I get a compter at home again, so if you have any suggestions...

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Every minute of the day "Eye of the Tiger" is playing at a gym somewhere around the country. That's my theory anyways.