Monday, December 8, 2008

in the spirit

What a weekend! If I wasn't in the Christmas spirit before, I am now after a weekend of non-stop Christmas activities! (Thankfully I was able to sneak a run in on Saturday...)

Here's the rundown of the Christmasy activities with a few pics below:
1) watched The Grinch (Jim Carrey version) with friends on Friday Night.
2) Saturday, Amanda, Alisha and I went to see The Nutcracker at the Opera House in Boston. One of my 6th graders was Clara (the main girl)!
3) the Middle School staff Christmas party following the ballet. Asiana Bistro catered the food...so good! I won the movie, Elf, in the Yankee Swap...can't wait to watch it!
3.5) the first snow fell on Sunday morning. Here is a view from inside my car. :)
4) Sunday, my small group had a gingerbread house decorating party. Two hours of candy, chaos and serious decorating. Can you see the concentration on those faces??And here is my little house. :) Gumdrop roof, peppermint fence and a blond haired, blue eyed gingerbread girl. (of course!)

5) the High School staff Christmas party following the gingerbread party. The theme of the Yankee Swap was pens...there were some nice ones (Feng Shui bookmark pens) and not so nice ones (a pen attached to an empty 2-liter of Diet Coke).

I hope you are all enjoying the Christmas season in your own ways!!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Elf is my FAVORITE! :)

"SANTAAAAAAA!!!! I know him!"

Love the pic of the snow!
k