Thursday, July 15, 2010

cooler temps but no relief

Ahhhh, mornings. When the sun is just over the horizon. When birds are singing. When few sane people are up and about. When the temp is cooler....er, for the most part.

Case in point: Today, I got up at the usual time (5:30am after a half hour snooze session) and was out the door by 6am. I checked the temp before heading out, a cool 64deg! I thought to myself, FINALLY! A morning when it's not already burning up! I forgot, however, to check the humidity: 91%. UUUUUGH!

Now, if you don't know (which, I mean, why would you?!) I'm kind of a sweater. In a big way. So despite the fact that it was about 10-12 deg cooler this am than it has been...it did nothing to help my sweating issue. Thanks to the super high humidity percentage.

I'm sorry, I know that may have been too much information. Just had to get that out there for all the world to see. :)

In training news: Monday morning before work I got my 12miles in. Please note: BEFORE work!!!!! I'm quite excited about that! Tuesday, did a short 4.5miler. Weds was my day off - I slept in until 7am! Today, I got another 6.5mi ticked off. Saturday is a big mileage day: 14mi! I'm already psyching myself up for it. As we all know, running is 90% mental.

Also, just adding up all the mileage in my head this week: when it's all said and done, I'll have logged about 44miles IN ONE WEEK! Best ever!

No comments: