Sunday, November 7, 2010

it's my birthday, i'll run if i want to

And run I did, folks! So did 11 of my friends! Last year, I turned 30. To celebrate I asked my friends to run a 5K with me...they did and we had fun! I thought, "well, why not do it again this year since it was so much fun last year?!" So we did, and we had fun!

The Run For All Ages, affectionately known as the RFAA, is held around Lake Quannapowitt in Wakefield every year early in November. It's a quick, fun, highly participated race. I especially like it because it's in my hometown and it's on or near my birthday. I did not PR in this race, but I did set a good pace for myself and I came in at #169 out of 455 (8/25 in my age group). My time was 27min flat, which equals out to an 8:42min/mile. I'll take it!

Below are some pics from prior to the race, the race and the brunch afterward. (because, let's face it: if you're going to run, you're going to eat...it's why some of us run in the first place!) Enjoy! And Happy Birthday to me! :)


Kirsten, me and Lauren (don't let the smiles fool you...it was COLD.)

My new running buddy, Karyn!

The finish line is in sight!! (thanks to Karyn's husband for this shot)

Running buddies for evah!

My dear friend Joci who would've run...but came down with a head cold.

me and some of my favorite people in the whole world.

Johnny and me. He's a super fast runner...ran 6:09's on Saturday!

No comments: