Thursday, November 10, 2011

three days off

With good reason, I'll be taking three days off from running this weekend:  I'm going to visit my dear friends in NYC!  I haven't been able to get down there since January and in that time they have moved and had another baby.  It's high time I get my tail down there to visit. :)

So in order to make the most of our time and the ability to pack lightly, I will not be bringing my runners or running gear.  I'll take a quick break and be back on schedule bright and early Monday morning.

This weekend will include various things like Crumbs Bake Shop, Stumptown Coffee, the New York Public Library, Washington Square Park, The Meatball Shop, the Taqueria Downtown and more.  It will also include playing with three of the cutest kids I know: lots of reading books, tickles and hugs and kisses. 

And since I'll be off all weekend, I'm heading out for a quick 5miler at lunch!  Total mileage for the week:  21.5.  Not bad.

No comments: