Friday, December 16, 2011

top five

This past week was a busy one, to say the least.  And I'm anticipating this coming week to be even more busy.  There's Christmas Service reheasals, and then five services packed into three days (www.grace.org/christmas).  And in between there is a Christmas Party for the Wilmington Youth Ministry on Wednesday.  Somewhere in the middle of all of this, I've got to pack for Louisville and find time to get my runs in!  Tis the season...

And while we're on the subject of running, I had some time to think yesterday on my 12.5miler.  I began to think about my current top five winter running related things.  Here's what I came up with:

5. Zumba!  It may not come as a surprise to you that I don't like to cross train.  I know that I should...but I don't.  Until now.  I have been introduced to Zumba and it's so much fun!  One hour of fun, sometimes challenging dance moves that get your heart rate up and your whole body involved.  So. Fun.

4. Tights - Never thought I would wear running tights when I first started running but man, they are so comfortable and perfect for those cold days when you're logging lots of miles.

3. Chocolate Milk - There is nothing more that I want when I get back from a long run than a nice big glass of chocolate milk.  Lots of protein to help with muscle recovery and pure deliciousness.

2. Lake Quannapowitt - I know I've told you before how much I love the lake in my town, but I'm gonna say it again.  It's not only a perfect 3mi loop around (yesterday, I did it twice) but it's beautiful, as well.  And there's always people out walking/running/dog-walking to do some quality people-watching.

Aaaaaaaaaaand finally,

1. Stretching after a good workout - Some people don't like to stretch out, some do.  I'm in the camp that does like to.  It feels very satisfying to stretch out some tight muscles after a good, hard workout.  And it keeps me loose and prevents my muscles from getting too sore.

I'm taking a deep breath and diving into Christmas week!  Hope yours is relaxing and not quite as hectic as mine has turned out to be.  Merry, Merry, everyone!!

No comments: