Friday, February 10, 2012

2012 > 2011

Let's compare 2011 with 2012.

Feb 2011:  I went to the gym for 11 workouts in a row due to the cold, wind, snow outside. Marathon training didn't really begin until Feb 28th.  It was winter at it's worst. 

Feb 2012:  I have been to the gym twice in the past month, both for speed workouts.  I have run outside in short sleeves, capris and without gloves, hats and jackets.  Marathon training began in December!  This is winter at it's best. 

I don't even miss the snow!  Not at all!  However, it turns out that snow is headed our way.  Just in time for my 18miler scheduled for tomorrow.  I seem to recall this happening a few weeks ago when I planned a 17miler...  Hmmm. 

Instead of just skipping it and doing it another day, like I did with my 17, my friend, John talked me into running in the snow or sleet or rain or whatever mixture we get.  I mean, what if Marathon Day is nasty weather?!  I can't postpone that!  Might as well train in the stuff...

While I don't mind taking some risks with this, I don't plan on being foolish.  I was going to run a beautiful North Shore route to and along the ocean.  Alas, I'll stick close to home (just in case!).  If I'm a little off on Sunday it's because I went crazy running the lake a million times.  Okay, just four times... 

No comments: