Monday, February 6, 2012

happy anniversary

It came, and almost went before I realized it.  I was enjoying dinner and wine with friends when I suddenly realized there was a big anniversary that I'd almost missed. 

Saturday marked 11years that I've been living in the Boston area.  Happy 11th anniversary, Boston.  We've certainly had some good times together:

  • learned how to take (and appreciate) public transportation
  • rented my first apartment 
  • ice skated for the first time
  • hiked an actual mountain - not just a hill 
  • met some of my very best friends
  • got connected to an amazing church family and ended up working for that church
  • fell in love with serving Middle and High School students
  • transitioned from a grown up kid to an actual adult (ie, I go to bed at 10pm now, not 2am)
  • developed a passion for running long distances after spectating at the Boston Marathon
And that's just the tip of the iceberg!  I've done so much learning and growing and struggling and hoping in this city...it's hard to begin to remember it all. 

While I often wonder where I'll eventually end up, be it Boston or Kalamazoo or wherever, I know that Boston will always hold a special place in my heart.  Thanks, Boston, I love you!

No comments: