Monday, August 27, 2012

it's coming...

Did you realize that in one week from today, it will be Labor Day?  The unofficial end of summer is nearly upon us.  I, for one, could not be happier.  I'm looking forward to a cool, crisp, delightfully comfortable autumn.  September is without a doubt my favorite month.

On Labor Day, I'm sure many people will be enjoying the last taste of summer - camping, hiking, beaching, picnicing, etc.  How will I be enjoying my final weekend of summer?  Obviously:  Running! This will be the second time I'll be running the Around Cape Ann 25K.  The first time was challenging but rewarding.  I'm expecting this to be a similar experience.

I have mixed feelings going in; it's good I've run it before because I'll know what to expect.  It's bad I've run it before because I'll know what to expect.  Oh, ironies of life....

In the past few weeks I've been adding more hills into my runs through my neighborhood, there are some pretty good ones.  I'm not sure I've added enough or feel confident to say that this'll be a piece of cake, but I feel like I've prepared as best I can so we'll just see what happens.  My only goal in this is to hopefully beat my previous time on this course (2:50:45).

Last time I ran this race, my very first marathon was only a month away.  This time, I have three months to continue training and racking up some serious mileage before my fourth marathon.  Wow, we've come a long way on this journey.  I hope that in another couple of years I'll be able to say I'm training for my 7th, 8th, 12th (!?) marathon and getting people to join me on this journey.


No comments: