Thursday, October 25, 2012

as if i needed an excuse

Happy World Pasta Day!  As if I needed another excuse to eat pasta...  If you don't know me well, you may not know my love for the stuff.  I would probably eat pasta every day of the week if my waistline would let me get away with it.  Heck, I'd eat carbs all day, every day if I'd let myself.  Being a runner, perhaps I feel more free to eat the stuff without the guilt that some people may feel.  Also, I have no allergies which makes it very easy to enjoy it any way I want it.  (Gluten is not the devil...)

I'm not picky how I like my pasta.  I will eat it with butter and parm, pesto, red sauce (why is this called gravy in the Northeast?!), cheese, plain, and sometimes, if I'm feeling peckish and just can wait for the water to boil, I've been known to snack on raw pasta.  Don't judge me.

Today, I celebrated with some leftover pumpkin lasagna.  I made it for my Life Community group on Sunday and have been forcing down enjoying the leftovers all week.  It sounds a bit strange...but it's actually really good!  I'm getting a bit nauseous with pumpkin overload this year (is it me or is it literally in everything?!) but I couldn't pass up this recipe.  Here's the finished product (with a healthy amount of parm - gosh, I can't wait for World Parmesan Day...).

No comments: