Monday, October 1, 2012

this and that

Holy moly, it's October.  I'm not sure how you feel about this...but I'm a little bit sad that the fall seems to be slipping by so quickly!  I have been loving the cooler weather, less humidity, leaves rustling on the ground, partly cloudy skies.  I've told you before just how much I love this time of year, I just wish it lasted longer.

But anyway.  Let me catch you up a bit on what's been happening.  Last week I didn't run a lot, but the runs I did get in were quality:
  • 4.5mi at an 8:51 pace
  • 6.6mi on Wed and
  • 6.1mi on Thurs
  • 3.1 at an 8:30 pace
I know it's not a great number of mileage but, like I said, I feel pretty good about the quality of the miles I got in.  My GPS watch let me down for the first time this past week.  I hadn't updated the satellites in a few days so I know that it was my fault...but it was a bit frustrating.  It's back to working properly again.  Note to self (and others with a GPS watch):  Plug it in every couple of days even if it doesn't need to be charged.

This week will be a big mileage week - much more so than last.  In case you don't remember, I have two half marathons this weekend!  One on Saturday, one on Sunday.  I'm really excited about both of them, but I know that they will both be challenging.  Each are hilly and each are downhill for the first half, uphill for the second half.  Super.  Can't wait.  At least I'll have some friends at each one!

I'm planning on a 9-11miler tonight and it's the perfect day for it!  Cloudy, cool and breezy.  Can't wait to get out of the office!


No comments: