Friday, November 9, 2012

what winter storm?

Wednesday night the Northeast was hit with yet another storm.  This one was a nasty Noreaster bringing high winds, rain, snow, and sleet.  It was not pretty.  Waking up yesterday morning to a few inches of snow and lashing sleet on my window wasn't my ideal beginning to November.

snowy, wet, windy, chilly morning
Before it really got going, I got right to it after work.  I quickly changed into my winter gear and headed out for a loop around Lake Q.  I was nervous about two things, the weather and my legs, so I decided to go the opposite way I normally do.  I wanted to get a bit of the pretty side in case I needed to cut the run short and head home.  Fortunately, my legs held out.  So did the weather!

Halfway around the lake, the tiny snowflakes stopped falling and I was simply battling the wind.  But by the time I got home, the wind had picked up and snow had begun falling in earnest.

Now, I knew the storm was coming so I was prepared to go to the gym after work but the thought of that was incredibly unpleasant, as usual.  I was pleased that the weather held out just long enough for me to get 5mi in before it got really bad.  I also felt pretty BA running outside in the dark in a Noreaster - just me and the three other runners I saw out there.  (Don't worry...you know I wore my safety-first ultra cool reflective vest!)

Do you run through wind, snow, rain, and sleet?  Or do you hit the treadmill?

No comments: