Friday, January 4, 2013

flashback friday - european vacation #1

I'm bringing it back.  Flashback Fridays were a lot of fun so I figured we do it again...this time with a European flair.

Back in August of 2000, my cousin, Carly (pictured here), my mom and dad, aunt and uncle, and I went on a trip to the Heart of Europe.  We were gone for 2 weeks, visiting places like Heidelberg, Prague, Vienna, Salzburg, Berlin, and more.  We also were fortunate to see the Passion Play in Oberammergau, Germany.  It's a 5hr long play, in German, about the last week of Christ's life on earth. The whole town is involved in some way and it's only put on every ten years.

But let's begin at the beginning.  I don't like flying now, but I didn't mind it back then.  One bad flight and I haven't like it since.  But I digress...  Here we are on our British Airways flight from Detroit to London.  Remember to be kind when looking at these photos...the '90s had just ended, Britney Spears and N*Sync were still popular, gas was $1.26/gallon, and The Perfect Storm had just been released in theaters.  Keep in mind that I worked at a tanning salon (hence the way-too-tan skin and bleach-blond hair).

Also, keep in mind that we didn't have such things as "digital cameras" or "iPhones" back then.  These are legit photos in a photo album.  Forgive the obvious fact that you can see the plastic.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Flashback Fridays, how I've missed you....

mom said...

love it keep them coming