Thursday, January 3, 2013

it wasn't horrible

We are in the midst of a cold snap of weather here in the Northeast.  It was 7 degrees when I got in my car this morning.  The highs only reach into the low twenties.  Depending on where you're reading this, either it's not cold or its deathly cold - it's relative.  To me, it FAH-reezing.  And not the weather to prove any mettle I may have by running outside in.

Despite it being Jan 2nd and the thought of the gym packed with resolutioners, that's just where I went after work last night.  I haven't been to the gym in probably 8-10months...because we all know how much I enjoy going to the gym.  (Sarcasm.)  When I arrived, I was pleased to see the parking lot surprisingly emptier than I'd anticipated.  There was plenty of cardio equipment available.  Where were the hoards of people resolving to get into shape this year?  Not at the Woburn Planet Fitness...

I hopped on a treadmill for 30min, then because I can't bring myself to stay on that any longer, I jumped on an elliptical for another 30min.  I thought about doing a bit of strength training since I had no where else to be...but I really wanted to go home.  Maybe I'll resolve to do strength training in 2014...but who am I kidding?  This might be the year I really do try yoga.

As much as I dislike going to the gym, last night was a pleasant experience.  I liked mixing it up and doing a couple different workouts.  If the weather this winter keeps going like this (or - horror of horrors - we get more snow) I'll be back at the gym to mix up my workouts sooner than I think!


No comments: