Monday, January 7, 2013

a full spring schedule

It was my first full week back at it after a three week hiatus.  I dare say it went pretty well!!  I logged 25mi including an 11.38mi long run on Saturday.  I was thankful to have the help of a good friend during the last 5mi. 

Remember the whole 12 in 12 (half) marathon journey that we're on together?  I know it's been a while since I've mentioned it...  Well, I'm happy to say I have the rest of my races planned out!  Here is the schedule.  Feel free to join me at one, two, or all of these.  ;)

January - Winterlude Women's Retreat Half Marathon - Jan 19th - (Completely unofficial and running this on my own.  Since I couldn't find one that was legit in January, I decided to do one during free time while on a retreat with my church ladies.  Oh, and it's on the Cape...hello, beautiful, even in winter!)

February - Half at the Hamptons - February 24th - I have done Hyannis a couple of times so I figured it was a good year to find a new February Half.  I'm looking forward to this one!

March - New Bedford Half Marathon - March 17th - Happy St. Paddy's Day!  I've heard about a big hill at mile 13 on this one...should be fun!

April - Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - April 27th - Notice there's no "half" in front of the word marathon...that's not a typo.  My brother decided to run his first marathon this year, and what kind of sister would I be if I let him do it alone?  

May - Big Lake Half Marathon - May 11th aaaaaaand Boston Run to Remember - May 26th - I wanted to cap the year off by running the same one I started with (Run to Remember) but I have a couple of friends who wanted to run one in the spring as well (it had to be on a Saturday since one of them works on Sundays) so that explains Big Lake.  I mean, I might as well go out in a big way, right?!

Whew!  I'm tired just writing them out...  I'm not sure yet what the fall will bring (perhaps NYC?!) but I think I've got enough on my plate for now. 



1 comment:

Jerry said...

yes I think so also