Tuesday, January 8, 2013

where does yours come from

Motivation.  Sometimes I just misplace mine and can't find it.  Truth be told, sometimes I don't look all that hard.  But when I know that I absolutely need to get something done, I try my best to find some.

Take today for example:  I knew I had to run at lunchtime.  I packed all my gear.  But when it came to lunchtime, I didn't want to go.  I knew I wouldn't get a run in tomorrow and there is no time to get one in after work.  So I started looking for motivation. 

Today, I found it on dailymile.com - I've mentioned this website before, it's like Facebook for active people.  I read through a few posts of people I don't know and was motivated to get off my bum and go for a run.  It helped that it was 40deg and sunny today...

Typically, when I don't feel like running I look to other runners for motivation.  Either I'll try to spot some on my way home from work and think, "If they're doing it, I should too."  Or I'll do what I did today and scroll through posts on dailymile.  Or I'll try to find a buddy to join me (which I tried to do today to no avail...).

What motivates you? 

1 comment:

Andrew and Christy Johnson said...

currently my motivation is returning to pre=pregnancy fitness level...it's literally slow going :)