Friday, January 18, 2013

flashback friday - european vacation #3

My poor cousin...  Here is a picture from our lunch stop in Titisee, Ger.  It's a town and lake located in the Black Forest.  While in a tourist shop, Carly and I tried on traditional hats - I'm wearing the ladies hat, she has on the mens version.  Lovely, right?!  This was still only the second day of the trip...we've got a long way to go. 

I remember not enjoying the food too much on this trip.  It was usually some indistinguishable kind of meat (typically in sausage form) and lots of potatoes and rice.  We didn't typically have many vegetable options - perhaps some peas or green beans thrown in at the end of the buffet line.  Here at our stop in Titisee, I remember getting the option that was most familiar (again, some kind of sausage).  I was not much for getting outside of the box when it came to food.  I liked what I liked and that's what I liked.  I'm better about that now, but it's still easy to default to my favorites. 

Totally unrelated to Flashback Fridays, I wanted to let you know what was going on with my training (because that's really why you read the blog on Fridays...).  I've been totally slacking these past few weeks trying to give my right hip a break.  It's really been sore and I'm not sure why - no I haven't gone to the doctor...  But there has been no pain the past couple days so I'm hoping it was nothing serious.  Famous last words.  Tomorrow, is HM # 9 - wow!  I can't believe we're almost done!!  To mix things up, and because I'll be at a retreat and a bit nervous about running 13.1mi in a place I'm not familiar with, I'm going to attempt to run the whole thing on a treadmill.  What?!  I know, I'm not sure how this idea came to me...but I thought it would be interesting to do something different.  I'll let you know how it goes!  After this we only have Feb, March, April (a FULL!), and May (just to cap it off).  I'm so excited that it's almost over!  :)


No comments: