Friday, January 25, 2013

flashback friday - european vacation #4


Today I give you three photos.  They're all at the same location, so I figured - why not?!  We had just visited Luzern, Switzerland, and were heading toward Interlaken.  We stopped off at a tiny little village called Brienz.  The town is known for it's expertise in wood carving.  Everywhere you look are various things carved out of wood.  You can even try your hand at it, I have a picture of Carly testing her skills but thought I'd embarrassed her enough for now...and there are more of her to come.

Can we just pause for a moment and look at those socks?!  Up to "there" with our sneakers...Oh, the late '90s/early '00s were unkind to us, fashion-wise.

So the pictures are of Lake Brienz, or Brienzerzee.  The thing about the lakes in Switzerland is they are one of the most gorgeous places I've seen.  This bright blue-aqua color pooled at the bottom of mountains that rise straight up, covered in trees.   The pictures absolutely do not do it justice.  I think I took about 30 pictures of this one place, I couldn't get over the beauty of it.  If you find yourself touring Switzerland, make a point of stopping off at some of their lakes.  You won't regret it!

This lovely lady in the picture to the left is my Aunt Mary, my mom's sister.  She and my Uncle Tom were on the tour as well.    I snapped a really funny picture of both of them sleeping on the bus as we traveled, but I would never post that here...

In running-related news, instead of going to the gym last night, I tried a Jillian Michaels yoga video.  Holy Jamoly.  It totally kicked my butt but all the while I thought to myself, "I will do this again and I will get better!"  Did you know that her version of yoga has its own type of burpees?  Neither did I, but I do now...  Tomorrow is a 15miler!!  I have a friend joining me on the last 5-6 so I don't just give up and quit.  Accountability is key!!  Let's hope this "noreaster" is a non-event as predicted!

No comments: