Thursday, January 24, 2013

one hour

I cannot be the only one to notice that, depending on what the activity, an hour can either drag on forEVER or it can seem like 5min.  It's an interesting phenomenon.  This thought became apparent to me last night after I spent (a little less than) an hour on the treadmill then watched an hour of Downton Abbey.  Bet you can guess which felt like which...

Here are some hour-long things that seem to last forever:
  • 4pm-5pm on a work day - especially on a Friday
  • 60min on a treadmill (we've established this already)
  • the last push on a looooong road trip - I just want to be home already!
  • time spent in a lecture on a subject of no interest to me
  • on a date with someone you don't really care for (not that this has ever happened to me...)
  • watching a slow-moving movie
  • sitting in traffic
How about some hour-long things that go by too quickly:
  • coffee date with a good friend
  • 6mi run outside on a nice day
  • an episode of Downton Abbey
  • time spent in a good book
  • a work meeting with really fun co-workers
  •  an awesome worship service
  • getting a massage (or so I've heard...I've never actually had one.)
Do any of these resonate with you?  Is there something I've missed?  Don't be afraid to comment!  :)

No comments: