Thursday, March 21, 2013

i'm still alive...

It's been a while, huh?!  I hope you haven't been too worried...I'm still alive and (more importantly?) still running.  There was a good bit of time when I wasn't and didn't feel like it.  But I put on my big girl pants, got through a few long runs on the treadmill, and had a darn near PR at a half marathon this past weekend.  I've started doing more cross-training (yoga, bootcamp) and it has made me like my running better...mainly because I'm not running everyday.

Anyway, I'm back to running and to writing.  Lucky you!  As I mentioned above, I ran a half marathon this past weekend down in New Bedford, MA.  It's still part of the 12 in 12 goal.  A goal that I'm still working toward, although it has been tweaked a bit these past couple of months.  I missed January and February, one due to my lack of training, one due to a winter storm.  But since I ran two in October and ran a full in December, I'm counting them for Jan and Feb.  The 12 in 12 ends when I cap off the year with the race that started it:  the Run to Remember in Boston on May 26th.  I can't wait to stop running half marathons every month!

What's next?  Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon in just 37 days!!  I was on the website today and started getting just a bit nervous...that hasn't happened for a race since, well, since December.  I suppose each marathon produces a bit of nerves for me.  I've got an 18miler on the schedule for this Saturday and a 20 on the schedule for April 6th.  After that...I'll be ready!  And if I'm not, I only have myself to blame...well, myself and this winter.  (Too much snow.  Way too much snow.)


No comments: