Tuesday, April 16, 2013

pray for boston

There is no place like Boylston St on Patriots Day.  It is a tunnel of cheers from spectators and runners, alike.  There is not a buzz of excitement but a drone.  I remember turning onto this street last year, thinking how great is my city, how awesome is my marathon?!

Yesterday, that all changed.  This morning my heart is very heavy.  The sense of excitement and accomplishment on Boylston St was taken away.  Ripped from our city by two deadly bombs.  There is no explaining it away.  There is no understanding of why it happened.  I am angry and I am saddened.

The one thing to do for Boston, for all of us, is to pray.  Pray for healing, resilience, strength.  There is more good in this world than evil.  Good always, ALWAYS, overcomes.

"The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it." (John 1:5)


No comments: