Saturday, January 4, 2014

cold. too cold.

I'm not sure where your line is but I'd have to say mine is around 10deg. And that's with no windchill. If there's a windchill colder than that, I am not going to run outside, no way. Perhaps others enjoy proving how tough they are by running outside in that kind of weather, but I'm comfortable enough to say that I'm a big ol' wimp.  

This morning I woke up to -7deg temperatures. NEGATIVE seven. I had six miles on my plate for the day and there was absolutely no question I was going to the gym. I spent about 10min outside yesterday (in similar temperatures) shoveling and cleaning off my car and was frozen to the bone - running tights are not made for negative temperatures. 

We're supposed to have some weird weather this week - 45deg on Monday?! - so I hope to get a few runs outside but for days like yesterday and today I am thankful for the gym and for at home workouts - shout out to my T25 people!

What's the coldest you feel comfortable going for a run or whatever outside?

No comments: