Thursday, January 9, 2014

photo a day

Last year during the month of January I followed a fun photo-a-day challenge on Instagram. Each day a prompt is given for that day's photo. You can then post your photo to Instagram (or another social media outlet) with the hashtag #fmsphotoaday. It was fun, but I didn't want to keep going after the month was up. There was too much pressure (that I probably put on myself) to be creative and I just didn't feel like it. Ha!

It came up again this January by someone I follow on Instagram. I decided it would be fun to do it again, but I didn't want to just post the pics to Instagram. I wanted to share them with you! And since this is a running blog, I am trying to make sure each photo has something to do with being active, if not running specifically.

With that intro, I give you the first 9 days of #fmsphotoaday!


1. Lunch - Often at lunchtime I'll try to sneak in a run. It's been awfully cold here so I did a T25 workout in the basement of my office building instead. (Truth be told, I took this one on Jan 2nd.)
2. Starts with G - My friend gave me this shirt for my birthday. It's a reminder of why I push myself and who I'm taking care of my body for.
3. My Town - You all know how much I love where I live! This is heading thru town towards Lake Quannapowitt - my favorite running route.
4. Words to Live By - I saw this on runnersworld.com. A good mantra for running, and for life.
5. Found - Last Sunday I found time to run 3.6mi (the mileage is a little off on my watch here, for the record).
6. Happens Everyday - Coffee, coffee, coffee! Even on race day (especially on race days!), I always have a cup of coffee.
7. Upside Down - When stretching with T25, this is how I always see my feet... I wore leggings tucked into my boots all day, that's why my ankles look wrinkly. They don't look like that for real.
8. Favorite Number - My favorite race distance is a half marathon, hands down.
9. Natural - I drink a lot of green tea. A lot. I prefer mine with a natural fruit flavoring - this one is raspberry.

No comments: