Tuesday, January 21, 2014

spring training

It's time to get serious. I've been just winging it so far with this training cycle but this morning I knew I needed to get some things on paper. Things being my Long Runs. Duh, duh, DUHHHHH! If I don't see it written down, it doesn't really cross my mind (which is why I still have a calendar that I write in). So I took out my planner and penciled in all of my upcoming long runs. I'm not daunted by the mileage yet...but I know the week before an 18miler, I'll begin getting a major case of butterflies. Yes, even after all the years I've been at this, I still get nervous before a long run.

So below, in all it's amateur glory, is my training schedule. From Feb thru May. You'll notice nothing on April 26th, that's the day my good friend John is getting married. I gotta be there for that! What you don't see is a half marathon on the schedule for April 27th. It's the third race on the schedule for this year! I'll tell you more about it another time. I like company on the back half of these longer runs...so pencil it into your calender as well and come join me!

No comments: