Tuesday, January 28, 2014

photo a day, round three

It's retreat week at work. That means that this weekend, 240 people are headed off to the north country (New Hampshire) for a weekend of connection - to each other, to their awesome leaders, and to God. It'll be a great weekend, no doubt. But getting ready for it makes for a busy couple of weeks leading up to it. It leaves me satisfyingly tired at the end of the day, like I really did something. All that to say, I totally slacked off on Sunday and Monday in regards to training, but in my defense I had very little (if any) extra time. So I was sufficiently rested after my long run - on the treadmill, ugh - from Saturday to get 6mi in today after work, also on the treadmill.

Oh, yeah. And I'm still doing the pictures...that's what you may have come here looking for. Here they are! January 19-27.

19. Breakfast - homemade granola and Greek yogurt, a break from the usual Shakeology.
20. To Do List - I didn't do my chores that day...in fact, I'm just today doing my laundry.
21. Blue - my busted Asics. I just really like the colors on these so I wear them for T25 and to work at REI.
22. Nice! - Hello, Planet Fitness in Reading. It's a bit nicer, and newer, than the one in Woburn. Membership, transfered.
23. Bedtime - Yeah, I worked all day at REI then ran 12mi on a treadmill. I deserved to go to bed as early as I wanted.
24. My Space - To afford the gear, gym membership, and race fees, I have a job. This is my office.
25. A Taste of Winter - So that's why I've been spending so much time at the gym...
26. Fun Stuff - I found a place that has Kentucky Bourbon Ale on tap. Mmmmm.
27. Something I Bought - I love buying dinner at Whole Foods hot bar. And I don't feel guilty about the expense because I used a gift card. Win/win.

Missed the previous photo-a-day collections? Find the first one here, and the second one here.

No comments: