Monday, February 8, 2016

day ten

Just when I was hoping winter was over and we would squeak out without much snow... We've had two snow storms in the last few days. I don't mind the snow so much but I don't love the treadmill. And when you HAVE to get runs in, sometimes that's the only way to do it!

I needed to get my long run in and didn't have a chance to do that this weekend. Saturday and Sunday were full - I worked at REI both days. I had planned to take some personal time from work this am to finally get my 6mi in, however it worked out that my office closed for the day today. Wahoo!

It was either get up early (after staying up late to watch the Superbowl) and run before the storm hits, or suck it up and run at the gym. I chose sleeping in and running at the gym. :)

So, before the storm got too bad, I headed off to Planet Fitness and hopped on a treadmill. I put on some good tunes and zoned in. And truth be told, it wasn't that bad. I ran 6.28mi in 60min. And now I don't feel too bad about being lazy the rest of the day!

Remember in the last post, I said I was going to hit the gym for 4-5mi on the treadmill? Yeah, well, I did (just over 4mi) and this picture is why. This was on my way home from the gym, along the lake. Lots of snow, lots of wind. It sure is pretty, but I don't have any desire to run in it! 


Here's the recap since the last post:
Day Seven: 4.1mi 
Day Eight: (does 8hrs working retail count as training?)
Day Nine: (how about working 6hrs + 2hrs of volunteering with 50 kids?)
Day Ten: 6.28mi

No comments: