Tuesday, March 29, 2016

i defer

This spring has been full of good weeks and not-so-good weeks. In regards to training, the not-so-good weeks outweigh the good ones. I've been battling sicknesses, over-tiredness, and busyness. It's led to a less than stellar training cycle.

Last night (while trying to fall asleep in between coughing fits), I realized that I am not going to make it to the starting line of Vermont City as prepared as I want to be when attempting the marathon distance. So I made the call today to defer my registration to next spring.

It's a hard decision to come to, but I think it's for the best. I want to feel strong when I toe that starting line, not like I've limped toward it. I'm going to settle on making it to the starting line of a few half marathons instead. Which, let's be honest...13.1mi is the most fun distance for a race.

Anyway, just for fun, here are some pics from some of the good training weeks:


rain + wind = a fun, wet run

wakefield is beautiful in springtime.

happily completed 9 miles!

insanity workouts kick my butt!

No comments: