Wednesday, March 30, 2016

running for hope

A couple of years ago, I ran the Maine Coast Marathon. I loved this small race and the mostly coast-lined course. I've never run the same marathon twice so I didn't think I'd ever get back to this course... Recently though a friend of mine asked if I'd like to run the (newly named) Shipyard Maine Coast Half Marathon with her and a few other friends in support of a great ministry. I'm always looking to run with friends - and I love being able to support causes I believe in - so obviously I said yes!

So on May 14th, I'll be heading back up to the beautiful Maine coast to run/race my very favorite distance: 13.1mi. I can't wait to tackle this course again with some running buddies!

Like I mentioned above, I'll be running for Hope For Our Sisters and would love to raise at least $500. Here's a little about what HFOS does:

We advocate for women and girls suffering from fistula by sharing their stories and raising support for the effective treatment and prevention of this hope-destroying condition. We partner with doctors, foundations, and others committed to caring for these women and girls and bringing an end to fistula. Our goal is for hope to be renewed in each woman and girl’s heart.

Take a moment to find out more about Hope For Our Sisters, and consider donating via my fundraising page here!

Thanks for your support!

No comments: